Sonia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reducing mana cost ofr attack runes

2 posters

Go down

Reducing mana cost ofr attack runes Empty Reducing mana cost ofr attack runes

Post  Plebb Wed May 05, 2010 3:54 am

Since Arn and other people think that knights use too much uhs it would be fair to lower the mana cost for attack runes a lot or increasing the mana regeneration a lot and bringing the mana costs of uh runes up again (since the mana regeneration will be increased).
When hunting balrogs with LoW I used 7-8 sds for each balrog which is 2940-3360 gp while he used like 2-3 guhs which is 333-500 gp.

It was already promised in update 1.3.0. to lower the mana costs of the attack runes, but it didn't happened. A knight just need one uh maker to be online a lot to supply himself with manarunes, if I would want to hunt undead dragons all the time I would need at least 1 manarune maker and two sd makers.

Darger told me that he need 5 guhs to solo a ballrog, I have to pay 20.4k just for the summons (2 dragon lords) and then I need 2-3 sds and ~15 guhs and then I get just half the amount of exp since my summons get the rest of it.

Knight can also gear up at the monsters they kill while mages can't.
Undead dragons just gives us a lich brain that gives +2 magic level (the ring just gives 1 m lvl and the crystal ring would be better than). That while the mp set + demon legs + burning desire gives the knights 18 skills, 19% physical protection, 330 bonus health and 20 haste.

Knights can also just hit the exit button when training and then they keep training for several hours. If mages do that with a wand they keep training m lvl for a couple of minutes, then their food runs out and they only have the mana regeneration from their set left which is almost nothing to train with.

The epic promotion of knights let the knight attack 10% faster (10% more damage) while mages get only 5% more damage.

Conclusion:

• Mages are now several times more expensive than knights to hunt with.
  • Mages level slower if not having an entire mage farm. With mage farm they still can't beat the exp of knights, not even with summons and/or sds.
  • Knights need just one active uh maker while mages need multiple rune makers.
  • Knight can gear up when hunting while mages can't.
  • Knights are easier to train
  • Epic promotion gives the knights a better damage boots than mages

Possible solutions:

• Increase mana regeneration
  • lower mana requirement attack spells
  • let good monsters drop good mage equipment too
  • increasing the damages of mages
  • lowering the exhaustion of attack runes a little bit

Hopefully this will help mages being less expensive and being able to get the same exp or more than knights when using sds and/or summons. Even with these suggestions a mage can't use sds non-stop without having multiple mages making runes for them.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Reducing mana cost ofr attack runes Empty Re: Reducing mana cost ofr attack runes

Post  Admin Wed May 05, 2010 8:26 am

Well constructed post with a lot of good evidence behind your logic, however keep in mind that when you use lord of war as an example for balrogs, its not a good idea. He is at least 50 levels higher than the target. Sometimes I watch Shankaptomus kill balrogs, and he uses 12-15 guhs even when runesforsale is doing damage.

I need to make it clear that knights should NOT need to have their own druid in order to make profit off hunts. Knights should be able to buy UHs and then make at least 30% profit. For example you put 10k into your hunt, you get at least 13k out of it.

I may reduce the mana cost of some runes, but most likely I'll find a better way to take advantage of the soul point system (restoring mana or health, etc).

I see it this way, if your a druid or sorcerer, you can expect to mana sit before every hunt. Yes, you may have a higher cost as far as runes go compared to paladins and knights, but remember, you didn't actually spend money on the runes, all you spent was time, so in that respect you have way more profit than knights/paladins.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://sonia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Reducing mana cost ofr attack runes Empty Re: Reducing mana cost ofr attack runes

Post  Plebb Wed May 05, 2010 9:23 am

Thanks for looking to my post and thinking about how it could be more fair for mages.
Here is some additional information for my arguments.

There are as good as no druids to no druids selling guhs on the server, which is why knights need druid makers at the moment.
Sorcerers may have to mana sit for every hunt, but if there would be runes in the shop, knights would be able to hunt non-stop since the loot gives them enough money for new runes while mages can buy only a fraction of their runes used if they hunt dragon lords or better.

Also to give an idea about the time required to make runes now. The two levels at balrogs took 12.64 hours of mana sitting on sds with epic promotion and all mana regeneration equipment available in game.

Better comparison:

• Umbyot Nux, level 103 knight, 6-7 uhs and 200 mana for a demon with 2 lesser demons right at the start. 1400-1566 gp
  • Plebb, level 122 sorc with best mage eq, 15-16 sds and 440 mana for stair hopping a demon without lesser demons. 7180-7600 gp
  • Plebb, level 122 sorc with best mage eq, 14-15 sds and 1200 mana (not using magic shield shield) for blocking a demon without less demon summons. 8280-8700

As mage my demons are 4.58-6.21 more expensive, also much more risky, while I'm 19 levels higher and have better eq for a sorc than he for a knight.
Druids wouldn't even be able to kill a demon without magic shield since they could get comboed. Therefor they would have to run it, lag = dead, or stairhop it with magic shield (otherwise they can still be comboed if demon is next to the stairs). The magic shield would make it even more expensive for them.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 05, 2010 11:57 am

My philosophy has always been that knights/paladins level quicker, while sorcs/druids make more profit. However, considering the facts, I think that its a little too much so.

I think you may have convinced me to lower rune costs. We'll see what numbers I can come up with.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Wed May 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Oke, thanks a lot Smile

Wish I knew your philosophy earlier since it's always the other way around on tibia and ots, at least it is in my experience. Especially a pitty since there's nothing to buy for mages on the server.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Yeah its a shame. When I started developing the server, I realized as far as graphics go, that there is a major lack in cloth graphics. We'll see what I can do though, you can still expect new gear!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Wed May 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Wanted to wait with this till after the next patch (taking one step a time for mage suggestions), but maybe making an entire crafting set for mages which is AT LEAST as hard to get as the current pieces.
Such powerful equipment shouldn't be easy to obtain of course or you get it too fast and there wouldn't be goals left beside boring goals like: level 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, etc.

Let me know if you are planning to introduce a complete crafting set in the future (doesn;t has to be next patch, or the patch after it). I will give you some nice ideas for it then. Can't write them down now since it's bed time Smile
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down