Sonia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soul spell knight

3 posters

Go down

Soul spell knight Empty Soul spell knight

Post  Plebb Tue May 11, 2010 12:52 pm

The soul spell of knights is now by far the worst and most useless one. Of course one of the soul spells has to be the worst, but not this bad.

Only occasion in which the soul spell would be handy is when you are blocking the titan and your hp drops low. When your hp goes low you are too late already (by the time you would have hit the uh hotkey + soul spell hotkey you would be dead) and all you can do is pray that the boss doesnt deal that much damage the next turn and that the healers are doing their job.
You can also use only it four times when killing a titan.
In pvp it would mean you could heal a bit more for a very short time, but that would only be needed if the enemy deals much more damage than you can heal with your normal uhs and then it would just postphone your execution for a few seconds. There would only be a few occasions in which it would help you to reach pz on time.

With hunting you could only use it to save an uh (160 gp, yeah) while a druid would get 1/3rd of his mana. A level 15 druid already gets more profit when using the soul spell.
A druid of my level with my eq would earn 4730 gp with it which 30 times so much.

Paladins and sorcers can make nice comboes by triggering their soul spell 4 times.
If the arrows do on average as much damage as the exori con arrows on average the paladin would save twice so much mana with his spell than the knight and since the monster is faster killed he saves even more money since he has to use less bolts and healing.

Sorcerers save 888 gp with their spell on sds (if compared with explosions and frosts less), but the main thing is that the soul spells of sorcerer and paladin are mainly useful for pvp.

Now I've addressed how useless the knight spell is and how much it sucks compared with the others it's time for suggestions, there's this forum part for after all.

• Chance the soul spell into multiple lower healings (like 6 heals that heal 25% of an uh or 3 heals that heal 50% of an uh. These numbers are just examples).
  • Reducing the soul cost of the knight heal to 25 soul

Me, and I think I can speak for almost the entire server population, would prefer the first suggestion.

Calculation for how much paladins save:
(40/5)= 8 times so many arrows than exori con
20*8= 160 mana saved
160*2=320 gp saved, is twice so much than the spell of knight.

Calculation for how much sorcerer save:
4*(400/3)=533 mana on sd runes
533*2=1066 gp
1066/1.2=888 gp (the hits of the spells are ~20% less than the hits of a sd)
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Soul spell knight Empty Re: Soul spell knight

Post  Darger Tue May 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Plebb wrote:
Me, and I think I can speak for almost the entire server population, would prefer the first suggestion.

Yes me, and I also think that the knight soul spell is kinda useless. farao santa sunny afro flower elephant geek
Darger
Darger

Back to top Go down

Post  brice Fri May 14, 2010 4:10 pm

yeah instead of having that maybe we should just have a simple exana mort... and just replace that with like an attack spell or a spell thats ups your attack and lowers shielding for a minute or longer
brice
brice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down