Sonia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerning Future Patches

5 posters

Go down

Concerning Future Patches Empty Concerning Future Patches

Post  Admin Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Were going to be changing up our patch schedule. For the time being, 1.4.6 will be done on Friday (due to the amount of work involved in developing quests).

Also, I need to take a look at getting some help running the donation system. I just don't have enough time to handle events, development, and donations all at the same time.

So, please stay tuned. The Sonia project is continuing (with your wonderful donations Smile ), but at a different pace. I'd like to do larger patches but less frequently (every 2 weeks?).

Thanks for reading, feel free to share your opinions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://sonia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Concerning Future Patches Empty Re: Concerning Future Patches

Post  Darger Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:22 pm

Just a quick question. Has progression stopped at our current lvls? I mean will there be new mobs / areas / items / bosses for say lvl 200+ I dont mind at all if its 2 weeks or longer just wondering if your plan for this server stopped at 200. Considering how you said weapons are at there best (sword/club/axe) and how you never expected anyone to get to 200. Looking at it now it seems anyone lvl 150ish(Or lower) can do anything a lvl 200 can.
Darger
Darger

Back to top Go down

Post  Oney Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Darger wrote:Just a quick question. Has progression stopped at our current lvls? I mean will there be new mobs / areas / items / bosses for say lvl 200+ I dont mind at all if its 2 weeks or longer just wondering if your plan for this server stopped at 200. Considering how you said weapons are at there best (sword/club/axe) and how you never expected anyone to get to 200. Looking at it now it seems anyone lvl 150ish(Or lower) can do anything a lvl 200 can.

Lol asked about the same thing then it showed up that somebody else posted something, i wanna know too,
Oney
Oney

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:13 pm

Actually, I DO have plans to add a couple bosses that will be even stronger than the Titans. You know, it was the gods who made the titans Smile

Also, coming up with that content is incredibly insanely hard to make crafted items that will have ridiculous stats. Prepare for epic.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Admin wrote: insanely hard to make crafted items that will have ridiculous stats

I bow before you good sir. But items are just one part i need something strong to be able to take those hits! (Not LoW tho...)
Darger
Darger

Back to top Go down

Post  Adrian Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:35 pm

Hehe you don't have to worry about me hitting you Darger Razz

Would also want to see these lvl 200+ bosses and the epic eq
Adrian
Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Admin wrote:Actually, I DO have plans to add a couple bosses that will be even stronger than the Titans. You know, it was the gods who made the titans Smile
If there will be even stronger bosses while the gods made the titans, who made these new bosses? Plebb? :p
Looking forward to challenge them with the titan group or even more people if they will be that hard.
Finally some challenge again since Brutus and Visax are now like killing a demon or harder on a level 150+ knight. When I helped LoW with his Brutus solo yesterday I only had to give him mana so now and then and save his ass when he got kicked and thus stopped healing. He doesn't even need healing assistance when killing Visax or Brutus.

My axes are also sharpened to farm magical wood for Oney Smile

Less frequent updates are fine for me if they will be bigger like you said.
Bigger updates mean more exiting updates and it leaves place for bigger projects that couldn't be made with the current updates.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:22 am

Most likely, the way these gods will be fought is through a summoning ritual. Which will take place at a location, and which will require players to have the titan pieces such as the soul of the soul of brutus, along with a series of other items.

This will summon a series of creature which will lead up to the fighting of one of the gods. The whole procedure should take a while (10 minutes?). The good thing is that it will be in a wide open area where you can have any number of shooters to kill the boss (yes it will take a LONG time to kill it).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:35 am

Admin wrote:soul of the soul of brutus.

O shit we have to kill the soul of brutus to get winthin the soul of OFMG my head hurts!
Darger
Darger

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:02 am

Darger wrote:
O shit we have to kill the soul of brutus to get winthin the soul of OFMG my head hurts!
It's like a walnut, we have to crack the nut before we can enjoy the nut. All we have to do is watching out not to hit our fingers when smashing it with a sledge hammer.

It seems exciting. All we need is a lot of supplies now, a moment on which everyone is online and money for blessings. A big fail at the start since we don't know "it" wouldn't surprise me.

Lol, I just checked it and we got exactly four shooters of level 90 and above if you have to be level 90 for the boss; Saramon, One Shot, Orshabalbro and me.
Big chance that it will be three shooters max since I can't shoot runes while healing the blocker which will be most likely my task if we have to heal LoW or Darger for 7k per turn or all the 7 active knights should be online to heal the blocker (if there won't be additional monsters spawning).

Looking forward to what will be a massacre for sure. Hopefully it will be the blood of monsters (with exception of a certain lich and hellfire) that will be spilled and not that of the humans :p
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:49 am

Since he said its a wide open area it could very well be south of town. In that cause any lvl 8 can join in the fun!
Darger
Darger

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:47 am

In that case we should make a paladin level 20 in rook, then send it to main and let it bot in trainers. Two to three days should be enough to create a bunch of paladins with 90 distance then :p

It's a summoning process for which you probably need levers or other kind of things.
You might remember that Arn wanted to introduce a hall of justice in 1.3.4. (just found it back at the forum). It didn't seemed like the community liked it and it wasn't implemented.

The information written by Arn about it has been removed, but you can still read the discussion about it at the update section:
https://sonia.forumotion.com/news-and-development-f2/sonia-134-plans-t321.htm

Here are some quotes from it:
Admin wrote:Effectively what this lets players do is summon any creature (behemoth, demon, etc) into the hall of justice, and then fight it there with players, or lure it further into town.
Admin wrote:Ive already thought of these kind of situations, and some boss fights will be made for this kind of rune usage. Or I could exclude bosses from the runes. Either way, I think it'd make luring really fun.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum