Sonia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a couple of Suggestions.

4 posters

Go down

Just a couple of Suggestions. Empty Just a couple of Suggestions.

Post  Darger Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:39 pm

Well im bored waiting for my new room to be ready to move into and i was thinking of how we failed to even attempt titan so i thought of a couple things to add.

First is a new spell (New to the server anyway). I was thinking of ways to kill the new titan boss so this might be a little over powered but w/e.

Well the premise of the spell is a Magic Wall Bomb. It will basically cast 8 walls around whoever is targeted.
000 < My fail example, 0 = Wall X = Player/mob
0X0
I believe a spell like this casted on titan while the players get into there respected positions + kill a few adds would help greatly. Also pvp wise since you cannot atk the person inside the wall it would only act as a prevention from runners temporarily.

This spell can also be cast only with a huge mana cost to prevent abuse. No runes!

I had my own version of this spell (But i dont know how the scripting works) but ill say it anyway.

Instead of magic walls have ice walls. It would look like the fire spell but with ice, however you cannot walk through it (It acts as a block). Now this will work in the same way as above expect with 2 differences. It can be cast on the floor to have a 9 tile area and on players to have an 8 tile around them + dmg.

Extra dont read this part if you dont want to cause i realized this is to long already....

Ok i forgot my second suggest... and i know it was good cause that's the main reason i started this thread if i remember it ill edit this...................

However ill just through a few random suggestions here.

1) There absolutely needs to be a gold sink in this server. As of right now money just goes from one hand to another never leaving the server. The money pool on this server will just continue to grow until gold is useless. One idea could be with the new crafted weapons include a 500K cost.

2) Il go back to my original suggestion introduce fishing!!! GOD DAMMIT
Fish get loot / monsters / bosses DO IT I love to fish on tibia!
Darger
Darger

Back to top Go down

Just a couple of Suggestions. Empty Re: Just a couple of Suggestions.

Post  Miss Leshay Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:06 pm

Indeed, I like your thinking also. But in the case of abusing the spell, it would be somewhat better if it only worked on certain Boss Monsters enabling people to get into positions as you said. I don't know if it's possible but however I do have a reason for it not to be a pvp spell..
Even though as u said "This spell can also be cast only with a huge mana cost to prevent abuse. No runes!" there is still a few down sides to it.

1. In the use of GMR's it could be spammed.
2. only high levels (90+) would be able to use it for the amount of mana it would take.
3. It would trap someone if running and people would be able to surround him/her and magebomb them w/o a way to defend there self.

But It could be possable for the current reasons to my understanding:

1. make it possable for destroy field runes to make them go away 1sq as usual, so people would be able to defend there self / run to safty.
2. make it a Rune that takes a certain amout of mana but also has a massive amount of exhaust so its not spamable.
3. make it available to all vocations.

I know I may have missed some other important things, but as for my understanding this makes since. Very Happy
Miss Leshay
Miss Leshay

Back to top Go down

Post  Adrian Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:12 pm

I don't really like the idea. I have seen this same magic wall trap rune/spell in many other servers, all of which went no where. To me it's just a fun spell to trap your friends and what not, but when it comes down to it, the walls won't do much but block people (and runes) from getting where they need to go.

I'd much rather have a single magic wall rune in Sonia, so when we do hunt Titans, the walls will be more strategically placed on a single square where needed, not surrounding a single space.

There's my 2 cents, anymore and it'll cost ya Razz
Adrian
Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Leshay Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Adrian wrote:There's my 2 cents, anymore and it'll cost ya Razz
depends.. How much? I might say something else for you to disagree with! Evil Man! jkjk i joke i joke. But yeah I have seen this many times before, but I think in the right hands (The Scripter) it could be effective-efficient.
Miss Leshay
Miss Leshay

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Adrian wrote:I don't really like the idea. I have seen this same magic wall trap rune/spell in many other servers, all of which went no where. To me it's just a fun spell to trap your friends and what not, but when it comes down to it, the walls won't do much but block people (and runes) from getting where they need to go.

I'd much rather have a single magic wall rune in Sonia, so when we do hunt Titans, the walls will be more strategically placed on a single square where needed, not surrounding a single space.

There's my 2 cents, anymore and it'll cost ya Razz

I see your point, once again it was just a spur of the moment kinda thing (Gotta fucking kill that titan). Still getting one shot at brut instead of 8 will be way faster, and easier to do for the mage/druid that casts it.

Of course with all this said i doubt Arn will implement anything to make this boss easier to kill. Unless necessary to the server.
Darger
Darger

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Miss Leshay wrote:Indeed, I like your thinking also. But in the case of abusing the spell, it would be somewhat better if it only worked on certain Boss Monsters enabling people to get into positions as you said. I don't know if it's possible but however I do have a reason for it not to be a pvp spell..
Even though as u said "This spell can also be cast only with a huge mana cost to prevent abuse. No runes!" there is still a few down sides to it.

1. In the use of GMR's it could be spammed.
2. only high levels (90+) would be able to use it for the amount of mana it would take.
3. It would trap someone if running and people would be able to surround him/her and magebomb them w/o a way to defend there self.

But It could be possable for the current reasons to my understanding:

1. make it possable for destroy field runes to make them go away 1sq as usual, so people would be able to defend there self / run to safty.
2. make it a Rune that takes a certain amout of mana but also has a massive amount of exhaust so its not spamable.
3. make it available to all vocations.

I know I may have missed some other important things, but as for my understanding this makes since. Very Happy

Thanks for taking your time to reason through my idea.

A destroy field rune would be a great counter to this spell, also exhaust would be a good substitute for mana to prevent abuse.

^ I like this, i think if it worked like that it did its job. (I dont think theres that many mages...)
Darger
Darger

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:59 pm

There are actually two active high level mages now Kunta quit Sad

I never liked these spells since it gives the person getting bombed not a chance at all.

Like you said it would also be a bit too overpowered at boss monsters since the idea is created with the purpose to make boss monsters easier. If they have to get easier Arn could just chance some parameters and/or remove some monsters spawning around.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down