Sonia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia 1.4.4 Plans!

+3
saramon
Plebb
Admin
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sonia 1.4.4 Plans! Empty Sonia 1.4.4 Plans!

Post  Admin Mon May 24, 2010 10:19 am

Apologies for the extremely late patch notes.

Spells

* Undead Dragons will no longer be on the regular summoning list. A new custom spell will be created. It will require certain creature parts in order for the undead dragon to be summoned. This spell will have a level requirement of 180, but will NOT take all your mana.

* Balrogs will now also be available for summoning at the same level as undead dragons. Balrogs will also require certain creature parts in order to be summoned. This spell will have a level requirement of 180, but will NOT take all your mana.

* Druids of level 100 will be able to summon their Earth Guardian. This creature will be a single-target non-aoe creature that will do some healing to itself. In addition it will have a bonus single-target attack. This will be the druid's best summon of choice until level 150.

* Druids of level 150 will be able to summon their Lightning Guardian. This creature will be a single-target non-aoe creature that will do some healing to itself. In addition it will have a bonus single-target attack. This will be the druid's best summon of choice.

* Sorcerers of level 100 will be able to summon their Water Guardian. This creature will be a single-target non-aoe creature that will do some healing to itself. In addition it will have a bonus single-target attack. This will be the sorcerers' best summon of choice until level 150.

* Sorcerers of level 150 will be able to summon their Flame Guardian. This creature will be a single-target non-aoe creature that will do some healing to itself. In addition it will have a bonus single-target attack. This will be the sorcerers best summon of choice.

* Vigor and Druidic Sanctuary have had their mana cost reduced.

Npcs

* You can now buy Ultimate Healing runes from the npc in Sonia for the price of 300gp for a single charge or 6000gp for a 20x. (average price from player is 200 gp)

* You can now buy Greater Ultimate Healing runes form the npc in Vip Island for 300gp for a 1x rune or 6000gp for a 20x. (average price from player is 600gp)

Vocations

* Sorcerers and Druids will now deal an additional 20% in magical damage.
* Sorcerers have had the damage on some spells (fire/hell wave, delayed blast) increased.
* Druids have had the damage on energy beam, and mire severally increased.

Items

* All druid/sorc gear has had its elemental damage resistance increased.

Map Fixes

* Fixed several map exploits.

Last edited by Admin on Wed May 26, 2010 10:48 am; edited 6 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://sonia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sonia 1.4.4 Plans! Empty Re: Sonia 1.4.4 Plans!

Post  Plebb Mon May 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Was already getting curious or there would be an update at all Razz

• Remove the quest spoilers please or use the spoiler option LoW used in the guild section. It's so much nicer to do the quests yourself. Now I already know where to go with the level 30 quest and also where the other quests are located Sad
  • It's nice that there will be some quests
  • With which monsters could the damage of the guardians be compared? It's nice that they don't have AoE damage so it won't kill the caster of which I'm afraid when I summon an undead dragon to solo General Visax.
  • The knights will love the ability to buy (g)uhs.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Trust me, from just this news article, you gain no valuable information for completing the quests. And also, the monsters will be about as challenging as half their level (100 = 50, 150 = 75).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Mon May 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Glad that there's still things to figure out for the quests then Smile

I will be curious then since demons aren't bad at titans while you need only 10 levels more to summon then.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  saramon Mon May 24, 2010 4:10 pm

druids are pointless now no knight will buy guh from us and we have the worst pvp and attack ever

saramon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 24, 2010 4:18 pm

saramon wrote:druids are pointless now no knight will buy guh from us and we have the worst pvp and attack ever

This really proves how little you know about playing a druid. I usually tend to not disagree with the posters on this forum, but honestly this quote is retarded.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger Mon May 24, 2010 4:32 pm

saramon wrote:druids are pointless now no knight will buy guh from us and we have the worst pvp and attack ever

Dude like i said on all my recent posts i will be buying uhs indefinitely. Make them PUT THEM ON auction and i guarantee they wont be there for long.
Darger
Darger

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Mon May 24, 2010 4:35 pm

You can still sell them, since they will be cheaper than in store.

About druids:
welcome to the extremely small group of idiots (you, mix master Prodip and me) that decided to play mage. I know that druid is even harder than sorc with 5% less attack damage, but mainly due not having exura lux.
Mages deal the least damage of all, are the most expensive class, hardest to train and hardest to level.

Best exp: 1-30 minotaurs, 30 -120 vampires, 120-999 undead dragons. Sounds crazy, but mummies, lizards and lizards behind the level 90 exp door at Visax are not as good as vampires which gives 400k/h without happy hour or double exp. Hydra's are about the same as vampires I believe, but against a higher price.
You need magic shield level till 150+ or even higher at undeads and then it's still risky.

We are also much more fragile and when we can't kill the enemy within 10 seconds (read with the first combo) in pvp it means we are dead.

The soul spell of sorc allows us to kill people who are a bit higher (I still can't combo a level 110+ knight, thus not being able to kill one at all, despite my soul spells when he use uhs and his own soul spells smart) and druids just get some more time to reach pz with their soul spell.
Without magic shield mages can still be one hitted or comboed by all others.

That was a relief to be able to write that down :p

@Arn:
Could you tell anything good about mages beside the fact that sorcerers are good in pvp when not solo due their soul spell and mages being good at titans because they can heal the blocker well? It seems like I'm also missing the point why mages are as good as knights and paladin.

Only reason I got high level with those two huge level advancements at level 100+ is because I hunted both times for more than 10 hours straight (14 hours would be more correct probably) at undead dragons during happy hour, not because mages are are as good as knight and paladins. When I was level 110-125 I was leveling almost as fast as Orsh, actually a bit slower, at level 150 (tested it when we were both online and I was hunting liches which was the most dangerous monster I could hunt at the time and he was hunting undeads.).
Reaching the level at which I could hunt undead dragons took a long time and if I didn't had an insane amount of runes in stock it would have taken even longer.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm really not sure what to say Plebb. Your points against mages are:

1. low pvp survivability.
2. can't combo good knights
3. can't level as fast as other players
4. hard to solo

Now, let me go through and explain some of this.

1. Your meant to be squishy in pvp. Its the nature of the mage. And in the druid's case, I'd argue against it because of Vigor stacking. You can't expect me to give mages great offensive abilities AND great defensive abilities (druidic sanctuary?).

2. You shouldn't be able to combo a good knight. Never, ever ever. You should however be able to combo BAD knights. If a knight uses his soul spells to cancel out your soul spells then good for him, he played it smart. Knights being the toughest vocation, you really shouldn't expect to 1 on 1 a knight unless you manage to wear him out of his runes.

3. I really don't know why you can't level as fast as other players, OR even why thats a problem. In my opinion rune kills are much faster than a knights or paladins attacks. I understand making runes takes time, but its perfectly ok here to bot those runes while your asleep or something, so I'm not sure why thats a problem. Also, I don't imagine its too hard to find another player to sell you runes.

4. This one makes sense. The problem with this one is that I can't change anything about it. You can't expect me to somehow fix this. With low health, low armor you have to expect things to be harder to solo. Theres literally nothing I can do to fix this, short of giving you massive hp or great defense (which I won't do).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Oney Mon May 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Admin wrote:
4. This one makes sense. The problem with this one is that I can't change anything about it. You can't expect me to somehow fix this. With low health, low armor you have to expect things to be harder to solo. Theres literally nothing I can do to fix this, short of giving you massive hp or great defense (which I won't do).

Actually you can, you can change the exp rate you get from parties. I know I have bagged on you for doing for quite a while, but the 35% bonus exp when in a party does not work. Me and my bro, only about 50 level diff went to undeads and killed one to test this out. When we both killed it we got 30k each exp. If I'm not mistaking, shouldn't it be 30,000x.35=10500. 10,500 is the amount of bonus exp we should get per kill (Should be 40,500 per kill). So If you changed it to maybe like 70-80% bonus exp (Make it work this time if you do?) It could mean sorcerers could hunt with knights or maybe even pallies and still get a decent amount of exp.
Oney
Oney

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks for the reply Oney. I did a TON of research into the party experience system a while ago and came up with next to nothing. The OT has a weird system coded for party xp. I'm afraid its going to take even more time to come up with a working solution.

A creative idea I've had for sorceres/druids is to allow them to use some of their soul points for some bonus expereince. I like that approach for more than just increasing xp rates for sorcs/druids.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Oney Mon May 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Admin wrote:.

A creative idea I've had for sorceres/druids is to allow them to use some of their soul points for some bonus expereince. I like that approach for more than just increasing xp rates for sorcs/druids.

When i tested it out on my server it didn't work either lol. After I posted that last thing, I tried it out and I was hoping you miswrote something but I was wrong lol. And I did not in any way say to increase xp rate for druids/sorcerers only, just simply the bonus exp thing.
And If you did do for druids/sorcerers only, Plebb has gotten far enough god knows how. =)
Oney
Oney

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Mon May 24, 2010 5:47 pm

1. Your meant to be squishy in pvp. Its the nature of the mage. And in the druid's case, I'd argue against it because of Vigor stacking. You can't expect me to give mages great offensive abilities AND great defensive abilities (druidic sanctuary?).

• I can one hit mages and on lower level knights can one hit a druid of equal level as while with weapon + exori gran, so they are forced to use magic shield.
    Druids have too little hp to be able to pvp against anyone without using magic shield.
  • Even if druids couldn't be one hit they still have to use manarunes and vigor a lot so they can't deal that much damage anymore.
  • Knight and paladins can deal damage when healing non-stop.
  • Druids sanctuary? That spell is a joke, you spent 300 mana to be out of battle for 3 seconds and to get full hp and when you get tped back a combo by the enemy is waiting for you. Use exura sio and you have full hp as well against just 80 mana.

2. You shouldn't be able to combo a good knight. Never, ever ever. You should however be able to combo BAD knights. If a knight uses his soul spells to cancel out your soul spells then good for him, he played it smart. Knights being the toughest vocation, you really shouldn't expect to 1 on 1 a knight unless you manage to wear him out of his runes.

In my example a knight of 75 levels lower is used. A level 185 mage can't solo a level 110+ knight, but a level 185 knight/paladin can solo a level 110+ knight/paladin/sorc/druid. Only situation where a knight is not able to kill an other knight with such a level difference is when the defending knight goes on full defense with shield on.

3. I really don't know why you can't level as fast as other players, OR even why thats a problem. In my opinion rune kills are much faster than a knights or paladins attacks. I understand making runes takes time, but its perfectly ok here to bot those runes while your asleep or something, so I'm not sure why thats a problem. Also, I don't imagine its too hard to find another player to sell you runes.

• When One Shot was a bit lower than me at we were both damage dealers at Brutus One Shot dealt more than me while I was using sds non-stop and even had 2 elf rangers in the start.
  • One Shot could also kill undead dragons faster with fire arrows (not even viper or assassin stars) and exori con than I did with sds. The exhaust of exori con is 2-3 times less than sd.
  • Only places I can clear faster than paladins and knights are places with a lot of monsters close to each other, but only nice exp place of that is lizards between the level 90 exp door, but why should I hunt there when undead dragons gives 5-6 times so much exp? (having to loot just one monster instead of 10+ that are scattered, no waiting on respawn, barely have to walk between spawns).
  • The rune mages hunts with should also be more like explosions and sds should be something for pvp and boss monsters like paladins only use assassin stars in pvp.
    Mages use more runes than paladin (also counting the arrows/bolts of paladins) and knights and die faster due being fragile (thus spending much more money on blessings).
  • Why sds shouldn't be used as main rune:
    When hunting undeads I use more than 1k attack runes per hour, if that would be sds it would take me 7 hours runemaking to be able to hunt for 1 hour.
    If I was a druid I could make 1.8k uhs in the same time. That's 1.8 times more and a mage use at least twice so many runes than a knight. (when I compare LoW hunting balrogs at level 150 and myself hunting undeads/demons/dragon lords/shooting when someone is blocking).
    That's a difference of a factor 4 already.
  • Darger can buy uhs with just the money he get from hunting demons and balrogs. If I hunt undead dragons with explosions and no magic shield I can buy maximum 25% of the amount of explosions I used with the money I loot. If I would use sds to hunt undead dragons I can't even buy back 10% of the runes I used.

I'm not asking to lower the mana costs of runes, but if mages could deal at least as much damage when using runes as paladins do with flame arrows and exori con it would be much nicer already.
A mage with sds should really be the biggest damage dealer and not a paladin with any random ammo + exori con.
When I see Darger on again I will compare my damage with his to see or knights still deals more damage than sorcerers at level 150+ on monsters like demons, balrogs and undeads.

@Replies written while I was writing this:
That would be nice.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger Mon May 24, 2010 6:11 pm

TL:DR ^^

Plebb ill be on when i finish the last episode of lost.
Darger
Darger

Back to top Go down

Post  Orshabalbro Mon May 24, 2010 8:37 pm

when is new bow/crossbow coming out? Sad
elven set too?
Orshabalbro
Orshabalbro

Back to top Go down

Post  saramon Mon May 24, 2010 8:38 pm

i thijk mayb a little less exhaust time for mage runes would make it a little more fair because pallies and knights deal great dmg with there weapon plus they can spam exori hur and exori con while mages are stuck shooting a single shot

saramon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 24, 2010 9:36 pm

I think I found a workable fix. Because I want sorcs/druids hitting harder, BUT I don't want them one-shotting each other. See the list.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Oney Mon May 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Admin wrote:I think I found a workable fix. Because I want sorcs/druids hitting harder, BUT I don't want them one-shotting each other. See the list.

Hehe you used my name.
Oney
Oney

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Tue May 25, 2010 3:02 am

Thanks for recognising the lack of damage of mages Arn.
After the update I will do some tests if I can find One Shot, Darger and LoW online.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Just to let you all know, theres been some problems with developing the patch, it will be done a day late.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Wed May 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Don't forget to make a calender update after the update in case you will continue with planned events.
Maybe more Hell on earth events to replace the tournament events. I liked the one that had demons, balrogs and (undead) dragon (lords) in the end.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Sonia 1.4.4 Plans! Empty :/

Post  tride Wed May 26, 2010 7:31 pm

please add a level 50 blocking summon for druids that exeta resses (just needs alot of hp and the exeta res spell)

tride

Back to top Go down

Post  Plebb Thu May 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Are the custom spells for balrog and undead dragon already created?
If so, how many creature products do the require?

Note:
- To summon the flame guardian you must say fire guardian. However, at level 186 with bonus mana gear and full mana it says I don't have enough mana to summon it, same goes for the water guardian.
- The soul of mages is fixed now, they can get 300 soul. Once the counter reach 255 soul point number 256 will be shown as 0 and the counter will stop at 44. When you have 44 soul and use 50 soul it will go to 250 soul. So if you see 0-44 soul while you had more, don't think it's bugged.
Plebb
Plebb

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger Thu May 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Plebb wrote:
- To summon the flame guardian you must say fire guardian. However, at level 186 with bonus mana gear and full mana it says I don't have enough mana to summon it, same goes for the water guardian.

Jajaja
Darger
Darger

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Words are:

utevo res flam
utevo res vis
utevo res tera
utevo res aqua
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next