Sonia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia 1.2.4 Plans!

+2
Oney
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Sonia 1.2.4 Plans! Empty Sonia 1.2.4 Plans!

Post  Admin Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 pm

This is a list of ideas that may make it into Sonia version 1.2.4.

* More food and less food weigh on exevo pan.

* Necromancer spawns.

* Expanded dragon spawn.

* Colored backpacks.

* NEW RUNE: Sudden Death Explosion. Hits for the same damage as a sudden death, however in the shape of an explosion. Estimated mana cost is 450.

* NEW RUNE: Adori Tera: This will serve as a new rune in addition to being the 3x charge version of our HMM. It will hit slightly harder than HMM to be more effective. In addition it will cost ~350 mana and have 15 charges. This will be available to all druids.

* NEW RUNE: Adori Frigo: This will serve as a new rune in addition to being the 3x charge version of our HMM. It will hit slightly harder than HMM to be more effective. In addition it will cost ~350 mana and have 15 charges. This will be available to all sorcerers.

* 9x charge explosion rune. Costs 540 mana.
* 3x ultimate healing rune. Costs 360 mana.
* 3x sudden death rune. Costs 630 mana.
* 6x intense healing rune. Costs 300 mana.

* Added 6 new houses ontop of the ones next to the pond.

This list will be updated as ideas come to me, or as suggestions are made. This thread is open to discussion of any changes.

Sonia patch 1.2.4 is being released one day early on March 8th, 2010.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://sonia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sonia 1.2.4 Plans! Empty Re: Sonia 1.2.4 Plans!

Post  Oney Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Just wondering about the runes. If you multiply the runes mana and the runes mana charge, wont it be exactly the same as before, just that each rune has more charges. Also wont this cause the vocation making the rune to be a higher level?
For example, a intense healing rune. A intense healing rune costs 100 mana to make and makes two charges each, that means the new rune will cost 300 mana to make but will have 6 charges.This will cause the level to make the rune go higher because you will need a higher maximum mana.
Or will you increase the level requirement for the runes?
Just wondering, =)
thanks, Oney
Oney
Oney

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 pm

Oney wrote:Just wondering about the runes. If you multiply the runes mana and the runes mana charge, wont it be exactly the same as before, just that each rune has more charges. Also wont this cause the vocation making the rune to be a higher level?
For example, a intense healing rune. A intense healing rune costs 100 mana to make and makes two charges each, that means the new rune will cost 300 mana to make but will have 6 charges.This will cause the level to make the rune go higher because you will need a higher maximum mana.
Or will you increase the level requirement for the runes?
Just wondering, =)
thanks, Oney

For runes that are going to do the same damage/healing the level requirement will stay the same. The incentive of these tri-charge runes are that you use less mana on blank runes, and you save weight and space.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Oney Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Alright didn't know what you meant by that, thats cool.

thanks,
Oney
Oney
Oney

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:08 am

Just wondering do creatures have there normal resistances to certain elements?

If so i think Druids and sorcerers should be given there original elemental like i said before, a lot of stronger creatures are weak vs icicles and i would say the reason icicles were even given to druids in the first place was sorcerer had the SD, giving druids 2 elements that are completely irrelevant to most creatures is just annoying.

Sorcerer - Masters of destructive elements, Fire and Lightning
Druids - Peaceful commanders of nature, Ice and Earth

There suppose to be 2 classes that are complete opposites, Fire/Ice - Earth and Lightning being the element that makes them distinctive.
Sorcerer being Fire and Ice, and then druids Earth and Lighting, 2 of the weaker elements if you think about it logically?
Amusement
Amusement

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:51 am

Amusement wrote:Just wondering do creatures have there normal resistances to certain elements?

If so i think Druids and sorcerers should be given there original elemental like i said before, a lot of stronger creatures are weak vs icicles and i would say the reason icicles were even given to druids in the first place was sorcerer had the SD, giving druids 2 elements that are completely irrelevant to most creatures is just annoying.

Sorcerer - Masters of destructive elements, Fire and Lightning
Druids - Peaceful commanders of nature, Ice and Earth

There suppose to be 2 classes that are complete opposites, Fire/Ice - Earth and Lightning being the element that makes them distinctive.
Sorcerer being Fire and Ice, and then druids Earth and Lighting, 2 of the weaker elements if you think about it logically?

To answer your question directly, I have modified all creatures and smoothed out all resistances. No creature should take less damage simply because you chose a different vocation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazed Sin Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:40 am

I dont like the idea of a sudden death explosion rune at all. I like the real tibia feeling and I think that is over the top.

//Xarios
Blazed Sin
Blazed Sin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:46 am

Xarios Sin wrote:I dont like the idea of a sudden death explosion rune at all. I like the real tibia feeling and I think that is over the top.

//Xarios

I Kinda agree with this, i mean, can you imagine if 4 mages had 1 of these runes each, throw it into a crowd of people and bang, all dead.
Amusement
Amusement

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazed Sin Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Yeah - - at least make it a little stronger than explosion but not as strong as SD. SD is strong because it is a single target rune - it is not meant to be multi target.
Blazed Sin
Blazed Sin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:48 pm

I have seen the SD explosion rune be incredibly fun in certain servers. If it becomes too powerful (and I will be keeping an eye on it), then I'll just remove it or make it do something cute, like make your character burp.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avaji Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Admin wrote:I have seen the SD explosion rune be incredibly fun in certain servers. If it becomes too powerful (and I will be keeping an eye on it), then I'll just remove it or make it do something cute, like make your character burp.

Know what you should add?

I don't wanna say here, will take to long :<
Message me in game maybe? Very Happy
Avaji
Avaji

Back to top Go down

Post  Son san Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Are there any plans to edit the mana rune? Or at least add more charges to it?

I personally don't use them since they cost a lot of mana and only 1 charge..maybe add more charges or edit them in some way as you did do the other runes?

Just wondering though Very Happy

If there is already a suggestion or change for the mana rune, please ignore this lol

Son san

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazed Sin Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Forget mana runes, give us mana fluids again. I like this being more like real tibia with the low exp rate, and we already rely on sorcerers for runes since we can't buy them. At least let us buy mana fluids.
Blazed Sin
Blazed Sin

Back to top Go down

Post  Son san Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:03 pm

You already can buy mana runes at the shop, but they are dam expensive which is why I don't buy them either

Reg tibia fluids are a bad idea either

Son san

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazed Sin Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:08 pm

You can buy runes? Where.
Blazed Sin
Blazed Sin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm considering lowering the mana cost as well as the price of mana runes from 400 mana/gp to 200 mana/gp. Thoughts?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Son san Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:07 am

I think its a good improvement. Will they have a certain amount of charges? like 2 or 3?

Son san

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:47 am

I would say 200, because getting 400 mana is a bit much, i also think i now why you made mana runes instead of pots.

Back in 7.6- Pots use to go on the same exhaust runes did, and it was harder to use a pot but they gave less exhaust as well. Now pots are set on a different exhaust and you can fire a rune and use a pot at the same time, with the mana rune it makes it like it was back then, and you are no longer able to use 2 at once, i think its pretty cool and wouldn't want pots put back in.

Now may i ask, why is the server offline.
Am also going to take this time to say again... Put PvP back On.

Also fix promotion, either make it faster than none promotion or put me back to druid. ED stinks.
Amusement
Amusement

Back to top Go down

Post  BluntTrama Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:53 am

So sorcs and pallies get buffs, but knights get nothing? O except for having to worry about an explosion sd.... cool beans, cool beans. Just because im a pg doesnt mean you have to exclude my entire class. Faggle. Can we get a Paralyze rune? Or mabye some rune that heals more than a standard uh? O and btw, explosion sd. lol

BluntTrama

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:31 pm

BluntTrama wrote:So sorcs and pallies get buffs, but knights get nothing? O except for having to worry about an explosion sd.... cool beans, cool beans. Just because im a pg doesnt mean you have to exclude my entire class. Faggle. Can we get a Paralyze rune? Or mabye some rune that heals more than a standard uh? O and btw, explosion sd. lol

Although this is the most poorly formatted complaint as of yet, I think we can manage to have some knight changes come around for 1.2.6. I'll probably do a poll or maybe have open suggestions a to how we can work on balancing knights more (in pvp).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  San son Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 pm

I was wondering if you were planning on adding items that are over flowing in the market? For example, Dragon hammers. I am sure these are now less popular since there is a large amount of them now. Any way they can be added to the NPC?

San son

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazed Sin Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:20 pm

yes I would like to see a Djinn NPC with items that are overflowing so we can make some profit from them. Players will still buy runes and it won't ruin the economy.

Possible items:

Plate Armor
Plate Legs
Dragon Hammer
War Hammer (maybe)
uhhh cant think of anything else but there is alot more
Blazed Sin
Blazed Sin

Back to top Go down

Post  San son Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Good idea Xarios Smile

San son

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazed Sin Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:32 pm

BluntTrama wrote:So sorcs and pallies get buffs, but knights get nothing? O except for having to worry about an explosion sd.... cool beans, cool beans. Just because im a pg doesnt mean you have to exclude my entire class. Faggle. Can we get a Paralyze rune? Or mabye some rune that heals more than a standard uh? O and btw, explosion sd. lol

I think Knights may need some thing to help them a bit - but not too much, after all we all know Knights are not MASTERS of PVP, they are good at PVP because they have so much health and they can output decent damage, but knights should not be able to do as much damage in PVP as Sorc/Druid/Pally because of their high amount of hitpoints.

My opinion: I think Paladins need some work. The strongest distance weapon is throwing stars which are 40 attack, I don't know if you can make P bolts or not, as I am not that high of a level yet, but I don't see why P Bolts should not be able to be made. Maybe only make 1 per spell because of how high the mana regen is. P Bolts should only be used for PVP and not hunting - - unless you spend hours upon hours making them and want to hunt Demons or something haha. But I def. think P Bolts need to be implemented soon. Hopefully with the update on Tuesday?
Blazed Sin
Blazed Sin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Xarios Sin wrote:

I think Knights may need some thing to help them a bit - but not too much, after all we all know Knights are not MASTERS of PVP, they are good at PVP because they have so much health and they can output decent damage, but knights should not be able to do as much damage in PVP as Sorc/Druid/Pally because of their high amount of hitpoints.

My opinion: I think Paladins need some work. The strongest distance weapon is throwing stars which are 40 attack, I don't know if you can make P bolts or not, as I am not that high of a level yet, but I don't see why P Bolts should not be able to be made. Maybe only make 1 per spell because of how high the mana regen is. P Bolts should only be used for PVP and not hunting - - unless you spend hours upon hours making them and want to hunt Demons or something haha. But I def. think P Bolts need to be implemented soon. Hopefully with the update on Tuesday?

I'll do my best to implement some better ranged ammunition along with 1.2.4, but I can make no promises.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down